TheGuardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome music

+2
haector
lenan
6 posters

Go down

Awesome music Empty Awesome music

Post  lenan Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:00 am

ok, it doesnt have to be awesome, just post whatever bands, singers or songs you like here.
justin bieber is not allowed Smile unless you want to make jokes about her Twisted Evil

lenan

Back to top Go down

Awesome music Empty Re: Awesome music

Post  lenan Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 am

will start it slow then go to some less known stuff over time Razz

antinowhere league - band i started to listen to punk with

levellers - can only remember what a beautiful day at the moment but seems like a good pick me up song

kings of convenience - my gfs favorite band so have to put it Razz

incubus - dont think i need to say much more Very Happy

ska-p - one of my favorite bands, can never get tired of them

bad religion - again nothing more to add

NOFX - really like them but my favorite songs are "stickin' in my eye" and "together on the sand" Razz

have a lot more, but that will have to wait Wink

lenan

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:23 am

Best bands/artist? Huum.. so many to choose from Shocked best ones would be Depeche mode, HIM, Silverchair, The Fray, Mötley Crüe, Vains of Jenna.. Uuhm.. Muse. Amorphis. Nirvana? Maryslim.

I know, nice mix Rolling Eyes
haector
haector
Admin
Admin

http://haector.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lenan Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:34 pm

thats the point. so many to choose from , a person cant know them all so a bit of exchange does us good Smile

rise against
the offspring - yea i know but i like them Smile
kings of leon - sex on fire for haec Razz
system of a down
rev theory - meh, this 1 just crawled on here somehow
sun eats hours - sounded a lot better when i was younger tbh
green day
the pogues
me first and the gimme gimmes
manu chao
the misfits

lenan

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Sex on fire is a great song Very Happy

Some swedish bands cant harm you either, my top favorites is;

Vains of Jenna - already mentioned but have to mention again, especially try out Enemy in me, I don't care, Hard to be vain, No one is gonna do it for you and Mind pollution

Babylon bombs - can be hard to find but Imo its worth it

Maryslim - everything from their album Perfect Mess is awesome, songs are very alike but it works and their cover on Sisters of Mercys This Corrosion is epic

Then we have.. Hardcore Superstar, Crashdiet, Backyard Babies, The Poodles, Hell'n'Diesel (I know these guys Very Happy ), Loud'n'Nasty, Crucified Barbara, Mamakin, Crazy Lixx aaaand Zan Clan Very Happy Mmm.. Sleazerock! <3
haector
haector
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:35 pm

Actually, Im gonna be cool and post my fav VoJ song Very Happy

haector
haector
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalendro Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:49 am

System of a Down = LEGENDS!!!... that is all!!

x

Kalendro

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:06 am

haha Very Happy thanks for your input Kal, nice to see you around cheers
haector
haector
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lenan Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:06 am

ty haec for keeping this alive Razz
some bands i like...
dolibasija - funny guys but disbanded 2 years ago
hladno pivo - old songs were much better, they have some in english and german also
debeli precjednik - trying to break through so started writing in english, sang with them once a long time ago Razz
pasi - really like their lyrics
fnc diverzant - just nice Razz
six pack - my favorite band, imo have the best lyrics out of all bands i heard
guzva u 16-ercu - funny band of football fans Razz

that would be all for now Wink

lenan

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:53 pm

You can sing? Shocked oooh, sing for me! Very Happy

Think we need some classics here..

Skid Row, Mötley Crüe, Hanoi Rocks, Guns'n'Roses, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Eels, A perfect circle.. Coldplay! Naah, not classics but still good. Boston ofc, Whitesnake, Ugly kid Joe, Cat Stevens, Bush, Band of horses, Jeff Buckley. Scorpions. Sean Lennon. Radiohead, Live, April Wine is good too. Have I mentioned Silverchair yet? Oh, Radical Face! And The Cranberries. Sigh, lost the classics.. uuhm.. Kizz! Twisted Sister, Black Sabbath, Wueen, Dolly Parton.. Shocked Alice Cooper, Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne.. Bruce Springsteen! And Pet Shop Boys, I love Vulnerable and the Love etc song. Awesome!
haector
haector
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lenan Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:59 pm

yay us we passed 300 posts Very Happy
but to get back to this
not much of a singer i think, it just seems i have a gift of crashing in concerts and sing Razz was in backstage sneaked in by my friends with their performer passes, lended me 1 to get in, stole some beers from security guys and when they started playing their best song ("farmersko srce" btw or "the farmers heart") they called us to sing with them and somehow i got 1 of the mics in my hand and sang with 5 ppl pushing against me to bother other ppl with their voices as well, as im not enough Razz

nice ones haec, and coldplay will be a classic soon enough. and the cranberries, 1 of the best voices i heard tbh.

now its getting harder and im tired so will only stick to basic please dont laugh choices Embarassed
blink 182 - not the best band but travis was awesome and i had a blink phase growing up
linkin park - chesters voice is just, just dont want to sound 2 gay here but i guess its 2 late Wink
foo fighters - dont think we had them
grupa tvog zivota - (the band of your life in translation, great songs, some are only punk covers but killing the originals)
metallica- dont see it so far so ill put it even tho im not the biggest fan and only like a few songs, unforgiven, nothing else matters and such)
sum 41 - nice guys when you talk to them, m8 did an interview with them and got them drunk of homemade croatian rakia Razz they didnt know what hit them
sun eats hours - dont know why they popped in my head, havent heard them in years
R.E.M. - love them, even have a paper with lyrics to 1 of their songs that stipe gave me when they played in cro Very Happy

thats it for now i guess

lenan

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:00 am

I forgot Metallica >_< how embarassing!

More nordic bands people should know about is;
Turbonegro - all my friends are dead, I tend to sing on that one alot Rolling Eyes

HIM - I grow up with Beatles and Beach Boys, so suddenly finding HIM was like "Wow Shocked "

The Rasmus - cute face, cute voice

Sunrise Avenue - saw them live once, when they entered the stage the rain started pouring down and when they left the sun came back. When I talked to the singer I recommended changing name on the band and he said "not the first time it happens". Poor sods.

Volbeat - I dont like danish people but they're okey

The Hellacopters - funny guys, been drinking with them several times. Too bad they're not playing anymore

69 Eyes - pure sexappeal, talked to the drummer, he's a sweetie, got his jumper because he was worried I would catch a cold for waiting outside the tourbus to get an autograph Very Happy had half in when my friend ruined it, long story..

Nightwish - not a favorite band, and neither is Evanescense, too much opera-screaming for me but..

Entwine - happens I listen to them, some songs are great

Katatonia - just popped up, know my ex loves this but havent really found out why yet, altho I wont listen to it because tells me I should Very Happy

In flames - was about to froget the biggest swedish band since Abba. Shame on me..

Marduk - cant remember any of their songs atm.. Will come back about them Wink

Ophet - bigger outside sweden but still a great band

Then we have Cult of Luna, Sonic Syndicate, Dead by April, Hammerfall, Sabaton which is kinda classics, and the newcomers Amaranthe.

I love finnish bands too, its something with them that makes me adore everything they do, so.. some favorites that hasnt been mentioned yet Very Happy
Stratovarious, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Children of bodom, Sonata arctica, Lordi, Kotipelto, Altari, Apocalyptica, Twilight opera, Damn Seagulls (adorable band!) and Poets of the Fall

haector
haector
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zax Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:22 am

:O I didn't know you liked In Flames, I love them. Possibly one of my favourite bands. Razz I was so pissed off my mate flaked on me when booking sönisphere, I wanted to see them so bad. Sad
Along with Mötörhead, metallica, etc. Ofcourse. Razz
Also, I approve of most of these bands. Dunno if anyone mentioned them but Five Finger Death Punch and Avenged Sevenfold are awesome bands too.
Zax
Zax

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 am

Motörhead*

And yeah, they're great too Very Happy Also New York Dolls, Murderdolls, WASP, Type O Negative, Pink Floyd, Helloween, Within Temptation, Slipknot and Deep Purple
haector
haector
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lenan Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:14 pm

ok to continue...

have a feeling i will put everything mentioned already, but maybe i guess a band not already on the lists.

ub 40, gentleman, the cure, the misfits (really cant remember if these got mentioned), 3 doors down, justins johnson, think we said panic at the disco but meh Smile , jimmy eat world, home grown, millencolin, new found glory, lemonheads, pennywise, black uhuru, skunk anansie.

lenan

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Oh, skunk anansie! Good one Very Happy

Humm.. Mustasch, Faith no more, Sting (!), Billy Idol, Weezer, Poisonblack, Quiet Riot, Marilyn Manson, Sigur ros, Deftones, Soundgarden, Dire straits, Blind Melon, Iron Maiden, Disturbed, Mercufyl Fate, Morbid Angel, The Jayhawks, Sepultura, Cradle of filth, Counting Crows, Dimmy Borgir, Queenscryche, Lacrimas profundere, Paradise Lost and.. Judas Priest!
haector
haector
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zax Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Wow, you're one of the few people I know who likes cradle of filth and dimmu borgir. Razz
Lord abortion is amazing from CoF, the lyrics are absolutely disgusting though... Wink
Dimmu borgirs videos are the best though, loads of half-naked women chained up. Razz
Zax
Zax

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:29 am

Today I love this song tho.. Dont judge me!

haector
haector
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lenan Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:38 pm

six pack - po box (by far my favorite band, and this is written in serbian so some word are a bit different than cro ones, and as usual not happy with the translation but meh)

Kad tuga polomi, pisanje stiha je rutinska stvar. ----------------- when the grief breaks you, writing verses comes naturally.
I nisu pesnici bili bogovi vec samo tuge robovi, znam.------------ and the poets were not gods but slaves to grief, i know.

Ovih se dana neki cudan vetar razduvao ----------------------- these days a strange wind grew strong
neko bez skrupula i vrlo glup me pljuvao, ----------------------- someone unscrupulous and very stupid was spitting on me,
i dok sam drzao svoj sesir i cuvao glavu, ----------------------- and while i held my hat to protect my head,
prolece je stiglo u nas kraj... ---------------------------------- spring has come to our town...

I ne po prvi put, sad sam ostao sam, -------------------------- and not for the first time, now I am left alone,
kako da prevarim sebe, da ne razmisljam? ---------------------- how to fool myself to not think?
Moram da priznam ovaj slucaj me razbio skroz. ----------------- have to admit this case had me broken entirely.
Sipaj jos jednu da ti odpevam... ------------------------------- pour me another to sing it for you...

Kad tuga polomi, misao telegram, a srce ko' postanski fah,-------- When grief breaks, thought as a telegram, and the heart as mailbox,
i kad bih imao grudi bozije, sve ove rijeci bi stale u dah. ---------- and if i had the chest of gods, all these lyrics would fit in a breath.
Jer ovih dana neki igraju se bogova, ---------------------------- because these days some play gods,
kako da oprostim tom deficitu mozgova? ------------------------ how can i forgive that lack of thought?
Gledam nebo novim ocima i kristalno vidim: ---------------------- looking at the sky through my new eyes to see clearly:
proljece je stiglo u nas kraj! ------------------------------------ spring has come to our town

I ne po prvi put, sad sam ostao sam,
kako da prevarim sebe, da ne razmisljam.
Moram da priznam ovaj slucaj me razbio skroz.
Sipaj jos jednu da ti odpevam...

Sedim bez sanse, da dobijem sansu, ------------------------------ sitting with no chance to get a chance,
mali oglas "menjam ljubav za jeftinu romansu" me izludjuje... -------- a small add "exchanging love for a cheap romance" drives me insane...

lenan

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:18 am

One of the best swedish songs ever. Most people say Håkan is a useless singer but imo that's just what makes him so awesome
haector
haector
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BigHoss Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:16 am

hi I'm back

top five/artist songs, the ones I put on the juke box in the pub are:

red hot chilli peppers: fly away

blur: song 2

black eyed peas: where is the love

oasis: lyla

meat loaf: bat out of hell (when I was a kid I couldn't sleep without hearing it)

such a lot held back but these are good.
BigHoss
BigHoss

Back to top Go down

Post  lenan Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:16 am

Debeli precjednik (fat prezident) - waste of my time - feel like listening to it over and over

Some lyrics to other good songs today.
"I dont want to be here, all I want is to breathe, I dont want to be here,all I want is to live" ,
"for the cradle filled with patologic hate, what did we create for ourselves?" ,
"blessed with a cross, powers of hell stand ready, with the break of dawn the beasts wake up" ,
"when the morning comes, and everyone leaves me. i come back to you to say what im thinking in the end. You dont understand! I had enough: complaints, bloody fights, fights withought thought or end. I dont understand! You are my blood! Well who gives a fuck. You are my blood, I am your pain, going to drink a beer and you take a pill" ,
"dreams of enlightment, freedom and progress. Demolished was then a sold out truth. Through the eyes of the victorious we are unimportant, their dictates stay, we are expendible. Propagand, the truth for the naive. New dawn, new sold souls" ,
"nothing is impossible in my own powerfull mind" ,
"some drink of joy, some drink of sorrow, some drink of boredom, and I drink from the morning"

Just some i like, will have more some other time Smile

lenan

Back to top Go down

Post  haector Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:11 am

Starting to be difficult to come up with more bands Very Happy but yeah.. two songs I really like

haector
haector
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mia Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Im lovin Sonic Syndicate atm, MachineHead, Black Veil Brides are utterly a joy to behold visually, an oldie here... Gary Numan (my god), Perfect Circle. When im blue i love a bit of Apocalyptica and when im hyper it has to be Bullet For My Valentine... (Matt Tuck you love God). Carfax abbey and i love Loco by Coal Chamber,Deftones (Minerva) helps the ironing get done in this house, Bowie and Sylvian get a mix in there too along with Depeche Mode ,NIN and Disturbed (Draiman a love god also) For my Wiccan tastes its got to be Inkubus Sukkubus . Smile

Mia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum